Ethos and Values
At Kennington Park Academy we work with up to 50 primary-age pupils who have been permanently excluded or are missing education.
We aim to reintegrate them back to mainstream primary school or support the transition to secondary school at the end of Year 6. By providing high quality teaching and learning to those pupils who need short and medium term intervention many pupils return into mainstream education. For pupils with a statement of special educational need, who need additional support, we support schools, parents and carers with additional support in providing transfer to a specialist provision as soon as possible.
Kennington Park Academy is staffed by highly qualified and experienced teachers and Learning Advisors who have specialist knowledge and experience in:
- Working with Key Stage 1 and 2 pupils who have emotional social and behavioural difficulties
- Working with schools that have pupils exhibiting such behaviour
- Working with teaching and non-teaching staff in primary and secondary schools to provide training and INSET on strategies for individual, small group, class and school approaches to behaviour
- Diagnostic assessment of behavioural difficulties, structured observations and advice on SEN Support Plans and Pastoral Support Plans (PSPs)
Our primary aims are:
- To offer a secure and carefully structure environment, where disaffected and/or permanently excluded pupils develop as confident and independent learners able to achieve their best outcomes
- To facilitate and support the successful reintegration of pupils into schools
- To promote the values of citizenship, courage, friendship, equality, determination, inspiration, mutual respect, and tolerance