Pupils are referred by two agencies:
1. The Local Authority – refers students who :
· Have had one or more permanent exclusions
· Have a Managed Transfer to the Kennington Park Academy
· Are deemed a Child Missing Education (CME)
2. Lambeth primary schools – refer students who:
· Are assessed as having needs that cannot at the time be best met by the school and which impact upon the learning and overall progress of the individual and/or other children at the school.
These children are at risk of exclusion from school.The Kennington Park Academy offers an interim placement and supports the child and the school with reintegration back into the referring school.